Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Some musings early in the season

On Sunday, I made it to my first game of the season. I was out of town for the earlier part of the homestand.

Couple of early season musings:

  • Is anyone else slightly depressed that we are starting the season with Izturis at third base? I realize it is just temporary with the injury to Figgins, but the whole third base situation seems closer to some unfortunate third base years - Dave Hollins, Jack Howell - than exciting one's (Doug DeCinces, Troy Glaus).
  • I'm glad the whole HGH things seems largely behind Gary Matthews Jr. I think he will be an exciting lead off hitter this year, and he's already paying dividends in center field.
  • Is GA back? I hope so.
  • Finally, this was my daughter's first game - she is 14 months - and I was quite happy with how child friendly Angel stadium is. I've noticed it before, of course, but this time I really started getting excited about all the different games in the outfield pavilion she will be able to play in future seasons.
Go Halos!

No comments: